I woke up to a horrible thunderstorm this morning & all I wanted was the sun to come out. That never happened, so I decided to do a bright sunny spring/summer look using 3 different yellows inspired by the sun. This is a yellow eye done right :) enjoy!
- prime your lids with MAC "painterly" paint pot
- using a 239 brush, pat MAC "going bananas" (limited edition) all over the lid, blending out the edges
- next take MAC "chrome yellow" on a 217 brush & blend this onto the outer 2/3 of the lid, sweeping into the crease
- then take MAC "goldenrod" on a 219 brush & blend it into the outer V & smudge down onto the outer 1/3 of your bottom lash line
- blend MAC "going bananas" (limited edition) onto the inner 2/3 of the lower lash line
- blend out any hard edges with a 227 brush using MAC "gesso"
- with a 275 brush, apply MAC "white frost" to the inner corner of your eyes
- fill in your brows (i used MAC "corduroy")
- using a black eyeliner pencil, line your tightline (i used Rimmel London "jet black")
- line your water line with a white eyeliner pencile (i used Bonnebell Eye Definer "glow")
- using any black eyeliner (gel, cream, liquid, pencil) line your upper lash line (i used NYX Jumbo Pencil "black bean" with a fine tip eyeliner brush)
- apply your favourite mascara, i used Benefit "bad gal"
- first prime your skin using clean fingers with either a moisturizer or foundation primer, i used Nivea Visage Light Moisturizing Day Care
- next conceal under your eyes (i used the salmon colour in the Coastal Scents Camo Quad "light")
- next conceal any other imperfections on your skin (i used the greenish yellow colour in the Coastal Scents Camo Quad "light" as well as the peach colour)
- apply your foundation (i used MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural "light")
- if using non powder foundation, set with powder.
- next take your contour colour with a 168 brush and contour the hollows of your cheekbones and anywhere else you'd like (i used the darkest colour in the Coastal Scents Camo Quad "dark")
- apply with a fluffy dome brush (i used the "blush" brush from Visage), MAC "bite of an apple" blush (limited edition) to the apples of your cheeks & blend up along your cheekbone
- finally dust a little of Too Faced "snow bunny bronzer" onto the top of your cheekbones up to your temple as a highlight with a 188 brush
- prime your lips with a lip primer or lip balm, i used California Mango lip balm
- apply MAC "glaringly hip" (limited edition) lipstick