Happy Christmas everyone! I know im just a little late with this post but i didnt have time to post a blog until now. I've been at my parents house the past few days & now im back home so i uploaded my photos. I had a wonderful day & i hope each & everyone of you opened your hearts to your family & friends. The presents are nice, but its the season of giving & appreciation. Dont take it for granted :)
My look on Christmas was a dark smokey eye, using mainly "scene" & "plumage" from MAC. I've noticed that "scene" doesnt photograph very well on myself or clients, so keep that in mind when using this colour!
- prime your lids with MAC "painterly" paint pot
- using a 217 brush, sweep MAC "plumage" into the crease using windshield wiper motions
- create a C shape on the outer corner of each eye
- next take MAC "scene" with the 239 & pat this colour onto the lids, blending with "plumage"
- with a 214 brush, take MAC "carbon" & smudge a little but into the very outer corner of "plumage"
- blend with your 217 brush
- line your lower lash line with "plumage" using the 214 brush
- using a MATTE highlight colour, for me this is MAC "blanc type" & blend out the edges of "plumage" with a big fluffy brush (i use a "doe foot" brush from coastalscents.com)
- apply MAC "shroom" along the brow bone
- with a 275, apply MAC "white frost" to the inner corner of your eyes
- fill in your brows
- using a black eyeliner pencil, line your tightline and waterline, i used Urban Decay "24/7 eyeliner pencil" in zero- smudge it!
- using any black eyeliner (gel, cream, liquid, pencil) line your upper lash line, i used ELF "studio cream liner" in black
- apply your favourite mascara, i used Sephora "lash plumper"
- first prime your skin using clean fingers with either a moisturizer or foundation primer, i used Clinique "dramaticlly different moisturizing lotion"
- apply your foundation using a 190 brush or a sponge, i used MAC "studio sculpt" in NC15 with a damp sponge
- next conceal under your eyes and any imperfections with a 194 brush or your fingers & dap into the skin, i used MAC "pro longwear concealer" in NW15
- then set your face makeup with a face powder using a 150 brush, i used Rimmel "stay matte pressed powder"
- next take your contour colour with a 168 brush and contour the hollows of your cheekbones and anywhere else you'd like, i used Coastal Scents "dark camo quad" in the darkest shade
- apply with a fluffy dome brush (i used the "blush" brush from Visage), MAC "bite of an apple" blush (limited edition) to the apples of your cheeks & blend up along your cheekbone
- finally dust a little of Too Faced "snow bunny bronzer" onto the top of your cheekbones up to your temple as a highlight with a 188 brush
- prime your lips with a lip primer or lip balm, i used California Mango lip balm
- line & fill in your lips with a blue-based red lip liner, i used a generic brand
- next apply MAC "cyndi lauper" lipstick
- apply Sephora "bronzed beauty" lipgloss over top