Wednesday, December 15, 2010

FAQ- what are my favourite makeup brands?

Im asked the question a whole lot on myspace & i have a little FAQ blog on there where i have an answer thats about 2 years old. I thought i'd use this question as my first FAQ blog just because it is probably the #1 question im asked & the answer needs an update lol.

So i have to say im a huge MAC fanatic, but really, who isnt? I definitely devote almost all of my earnings to MAC as i am an extremely loyal customer. Their products are extremely well made (well most of them anyway) and they have such a variety of products that 9 times out of 10 you'll always find what you're looking for. Now another reason why i love MAC is because it is such a known & trusted brand. If im doing makeup on a client, they usually know what MAC is and since it is a high end brand, the luxury of having expensive makeup used on them is definitely still there. I generally go for brands that are well known for their amazing quality, it puts the client at ease. My foundations, however, are 100% CoverFX. They are a little pricey but definitely worth it. I doubt i'll ever switch to any other brand. Im in love.

Urban Decay, TooFaced, Smashbox & most recently MakeUp ForEver (way expensive) are brands that im also constantly reaching for. My collections for these arent the biggest as i do tend to stray towards MAC over Sephora but im extremely loyal to these brands aswell.

Loreal & Rimmel London are probably the only drugstore brands i'll touch. Revlons foundations are very good aswell but thats the only thing i will use by them.


***PLEASE NOTE that these are just my personal opinions and i am in no way bashing any brands i havent mentioned and i am NOT promoting the brands i have mentioned. Use WHATEVER YOU LIKE because makeup is all personal opinions and personal techniques. What works for me may not work for you & please dont think the bigger the price tag the better the product. That is NOT the case at all. Just test out whatever catches your eye, drugstore or high end. 

www.myspace.com/__tornado (thats TWO underscores)

xoxo Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment