Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Vichy Dercos Mineral Soft Shampoo Review


This product was given to me by a Vichy rep back in July. I used this product constantly for three weeks & then just off & on when I went blonde. There are quite a few things I like about it, however there are some cons to it as well.

What I really like about the shampoo is the bottle it comes in. The squirt top is nice, I’ve always hated bottles you have to pick up & squeeze upside down. The colour of the shampoo is completely clear which shows there are no dyes or colourants. I’ve also always thought that clear shampoo gives the illusion of cleaner hair, maybe thats just me though lol. The smell is extremely refreshing. It smells very clean but it is a really strong scent. This product has no parabens, colourants or silicone. All of these things are a plus for colour treated or chemically treated hair. This shampoo has a really gentle formula that can be used on babies as young as 3 months old. It contains minerals from Vichy Thermal Spa Water. This product is marketed for being ideal to Cliniderm users.

What I wasn’t too fond of was the fact that the scent was very strong. Even though it is formulated without 3 major “bad” ingredients, it clearly has fragrance in it which can be a bit drying to the hair. It also contains sulphates. It DOESNT contain “sodium lauryl sulphate” but it DOES have its sister ingredient “sodium laureth sulphate”. This ingredient helps the shampoo lather & is damaging to the hair, but it isn’t as bad as sodium lauryl sulphate. One thing I noticed when I used this shampoo was that my hair didn’t feel very soft when rinsing it out. I had to use a conditioner after.

Overall my hair felt nice once conditioned & dried, it also shined really nicely. I didn’t notice much of a difference in stopping my red hair from fading & Im really not a fan of the fact that it prides itself of not containing all these harsh chemicals but it contains one of the most known ingredients to stay away from; sulphates. This shampoo isn’t bad, but for the size & price (around $20 CAD for 400ml) I’d say there are other shampoo’s that can do better & don’t contain any sulphates. The cons to this shampoo outweighed the pro's in my opinion.

2.5 out of 5


xoxo Victoria.

No comments:

Post a Comment