Saturday, September 3, 2011

Very Important Message + Update!

Due to my lack of posts this month, Im sure its been pretty obvious that I have been busy. Mostly to blame is my job, I took over some full time shifts for a coworker & I worked 9 days straight which is pretty tiring. Last weekend I went on a 5 day vacation with my boyfriend to my cottage which is a 6-7h drive from where I live. No internet access up there. Also, my camera has been super finicky lately. Its really old & decided it was gonna break for a couple days. I left it off & it sorted itself out last week so new makeup posts should be up soon. Im currently up at my cottage right now with my dad to close it for the winter & am using his mobile wireless internet stick on his laptop (didnt have this last weekend) so thats why I can make a quick post at the moment. I just wanted to update all of you on whats going on in my life as there is a major thing that I feel I need to address.

I start school on Sept 6th, so thats next Tuesday & Im pretty happy. I love having routine in my life & I feel I get stressed out if I dont have it, especially with shift work. I am starting up a new diet next week as well so look out for blog posts on that. I will be doing Youtube video's on my diet/weight loss journey which is what I'll be posting here. Its much easier to talk about it than write it. Also, this next week I may continue with very few posts just because I am going to be heading to Toronto almost everyday after class to visit my mom..........

What I really want to address is my mom. For almost 5 years now my mom has been battling breast cancer that was at stage 5 when diagnosed (there are 5 stages of cancer diagnosis, stage 5 being the worst). She was diagnosed December 17, 2006.. Just 3 days after my 16th birthday. Stage 5 breast cancer means that the cancer is not only in the breast but it has spread all over the body. She has tumors everywhere which have deteriorated alot of her bone & muscles.
A couple months ago it attacked her liver & since then everything has been going down hill. She was up at my cottage for about a month this summer & from previous years she has always thrived up here but this year she barely had the energy to go down to the beach, which is only 10 steps from the front door. 2 days ago she was admitted into the hospital because she cant function properly anymore. She cant take care of herself on her own, she needs constant care. Her memory is bad, she is very weak & the simplist tasks like going to the bathroom or getting up from a chair is pretty much impossible for her. She is going to be in the hospital for atleast a week for the doctors to assess her and when they feel she can come back home, she will have a care giver looking after her while my dad is at work.
She has been doing chemo for the last 2 years (the first 3 were radiation) & they had to put all treatments on hold due to her white blood cells being almost non existant. White blood cells are needed to fight off infection & keep you healthy. Its extremely important that she builds these up again because something as little as the sniffles could kill her if she has no immune system.
The reason I am letting anyone who comes across my blog know all of this information about my mother is because I ask you all from the bottom of my heart to put her in your prayers or thoughts. Im only 20yrs old, Im not ready to lose my mother. I want to do whatever I can in order to keep her alive long enough to see me continue to grow & conquer all my goals. My mother is my world, my life & just recently has become my best friend. I hope to God she sees me graduate college. I hope this touches all of you & you pray for her & send all your positivity her way. She is a big believer in prayer & positive energy. Even though she doesnt know any of you, Im very confident she will be able to sense every single prayer, thought & positive energy sent her way.

I love my mom to death & please donate whatever you're able to any cancer association. Breast cancer is the #1 cancer among woman & is becoming more common in men. We all need to band together to help concquer such a nasty disease that plagues so many families. Its an extremely hard situation to deal with and I am doing the best I can to keep myself strong & collected for her sake when all I wanna do is just fall apart. If anyone else is going through the same thing, or has lost a loved one, my heart goes out to you. Its not easy, but unfortunately its reality. Support is all I ask.


xoxo Victoria.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and for your mom! ( I did to a post on my blog too! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying right now for you and your mom! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found you from over at the Live Joyful blog. Your story just breaks my heart. I will be thinking about your family and praying for your mom. She's a strong lady to have been struggling with this disease for 5 whole years. Hopefully she can find the strength to finally defeat it.

    ReplyDelete